Sunday, September 26, 2010

Extracurricular Activities

The FLO I Joined

Choosing what organization to participate was difficult to do at Tech because there are so many opportunities and clubs. After attending faset I learned about all of the freshmen FLOs. I applied to Emerging leaders and Freshman Foundation. I interviewed for both of the FLOs and was accepted into both of the FLOs. I decided to join Freshman Foundation. It seems like a really fun FLO and I cannot wait to have meetings with all of the other great freshmen in the flo. I am also a pledge at Phi Gamma Delta or Fiji. This has been a great experience so far. I have made numerous friends and have a support system. Being from out of state and not knowing a lot of people at Tech I was worried about making friends and finding people to hang out with on the weekend.  Between going Greek and joining Freshman Foundation I have made numerous friends and also started to become active on campus.  I also plan on getting involved in a couple of other clubs. I want to join the Association of Mechanical Engineering. This club will allow me to get to know other Mechanical Engineers as well as start to network with all of the business that come to talk at the meetings. I am not sure if I will ever actually take on a leadership position in that club but it is one I think I will join. The final organization that I am interested in joining is Connect With Tech. Connect With Tech was a big reason that I personally came to tech.  I would like to be the person who houses and hangs out the high school student for a night. It is a great way for me to be able to give back to tech.  All of this organizations and clubs would provide me with friends on campus and the opportunity to give back to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment