Friday, November 5, 2010

Blog 5

College life is really different then being in high school. In high school I went to class seven hours a day and the teachers always told me what to do for homework and what to study for tests. In college I go to class at most for six hours a day and the teachers never tell me anything about homework or tests in class. I always get emails about homework on Friday night and those ruin my weekend plans. I wish that someone in college would have passed on the following wisdom to me. The saying pick two of the three: social life, grades (school), and sleep is very true. It is difficult but very possible to obtain all three of those things and it takes a lot of self discipline. I also wish someone would have told me about how going to get food is such a hassle. In high school I would always eat meals at a certain time but in college I now have to go set time aside to get food. Also doing small things like cleaning your room up or doing laundry is. If I had to give some advice to a person entering college I would tell them to make friends. They are what help get you through the tough classes and are the people who make college fun. I would also stress the importance of going to class. You learn a lot by just attending class. I would also give them a couple of tips about time management to make sure they get enough sleep, study, and have a social life. If I had to go back and relive a couple of months there isn’t a lot I would change. I have loved being a college student so far. One regret I have is not studying for a couple of tests as well as I should of. I think my life would be less stressful about grades in those classes if I had done better on those tests. I think I have improved my study habits enough to make sure I make really good grades this semester on my finals. The first semester of college sets the tone for the rest of college and I think I am in position to get off on a really good foot.
This cartoon discribes college life perfectly:
picture is from:
http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/visions/class1912_files/Images_Files/Exploring%20the%20world/AcademicLife/1911_yrbk_pg300_CollegeLife.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment