Monday, November 29, 2010

Blog 6

These past four months at Tech I have learned a lot. I have learned how to better manage my time so I can balance school and have a social life. Another thing that I have learned is how to study for tests in college. It took me a couple of tests to figure out how to properly study and take these test but I think I have finally figured it out. I have also learned the importance of getting the best teacher, not the best time that fits my schedule. As of right I have no intentions of switching out of mechanical engineering. There is no major, to my knowledge, that offers more flexibility then mechanical engineering. In the past four months I have also discovered that I am a very visual learner. I cannot read a book and expect to understand the material that is in it. I need to have someone stand in front of me and teach me how to do it, that includes doing an example problem. I have also learned that doing the homework in classes helps immensely in understanding the material. Over the next four years I have a lot of goals that I would like to accomplish. My first goal is to become a brother of the fraternity that I pledged to. My next goal is to maintain a GPA of at least a 3.5.  In the next four years I plan on completing at least 3 semesters of co-oping for a company. I would also like to study abroad in Australia or somewhere in the Middle East or china. I would like to also continue to participate in Student Foundation and take on more responsibilities in that organization over the next couple of semesters. Finally I would like to join Connect With Tech so I can help future students make the right choice. I would also like to enjoy my time here on campus, espically the home football games. I always have a lot of fun supporting the team.
The field during a football game
picture taken from

No comments:

Post a Comment